Tuesday, March 31, 2015




"Rebel Heart"

Artist - Madonna

Product type - CD

Genre - Pop/Dance

Where to buy - ITUNES



Madonnas 13th studio album has songs that she says represents two sides of her: the Renegade and the Romantic. Featuring artists such as Nicki Minaj, Nas, Kanye West and More.



I will admit that I have never been a huge Madonna fan. With the exception of "Frozen" I have never given her much thought. Rebel Heart however has slightly changed my perception.

The songs on this album are a mix of upbeat melodies and ballad-types with few differences in between. Some of the songs are quite explicit and suggestive (Holy Water) and while catchy, I rather disliked the Lyrics. Some lyrics however where insighful and the songs quite good. 

I would say my favorite songs were "Illuminati" for the dancey uobeat quality of it. "Joan of arc" and "Rebel Heart" had good stories and "Ghost town" was just bitter sweet and it resonated with me. Although thise are only a few i really got into I am going to keep listening to others because I am sure I am not giving the CD enough listen time and I would really like to enjoy more songs.

Check out one of the songs in the following video!




Want to learn more? Here are some helpful links:

Madonna Official Site 
Twitter
Instagram
Youtube


I participated in the Madonna Rebel Heart album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided an album to review but all opinions are my own

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



UA-55586018-1