Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Review - The Iron Queen

Title - The Iron Queen
Author - Julie Kagawa
Genre - YA/fiction/fantasy
Pages - 384
Release - Janurary 25, 2011

Thoughts
Meghan, Ash, Puck, Grimelkin and all the fae you loved from the first two books are back. This time they take on the False King in a story that is heartwarming and heartbreaking. I found myself crying more for this book then I have in a long, long time. Expertly written and planned out, the battle scenes were tense and the romance was genuine. The charactors were real and I loved them. I can not wait for the next book "The Iron Knight" told from Ash's point of view.

Its tough to review this book without giving away spoilers for it, and the two before it (The Iron King, The Iron Daughter) which I highly recomend you read!

3 Comments:

  1. Deb said...
    This looks good! I haven't read any of this series, but would like to. I could get my YA early reviews here! :] Love your blog!
    Thanks so much for visiting me and sending a note..I hope you'll become a follower sometime, too.

    Deb/Your Bookish Dame
    Brooke said...
    I just won the first book in this series and am looking forward to it!!! Everyone seems to really enjoy them!

    Thanks for visiting my blog, btw! I try to leave comments back on my posts, but without having a 'reply to *specific* comment' option on blogger, I'm never sure if anyone sees them! :-)
    Kristina Barnes♥ said...
    I don't like the pacing in any of the Iron Fey books. It's way too slow for me, although I do appreciate the details and whatnot. I like reading books in one sitting, but these books had me up every few minutes.

    That being said, I absolutely LOVED the ending of The Iron Queen. And now, that's not because I'm some cruel-hearted person. It just made a lot of sense. I loved Meghan's selflessness in her decision, and I loved that all the loose ends were getting tied (more or less).

    Anywhoot, great review! :)

Post a Comment



UA-55586018-1