Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Teaser Tuesday

Rules
1. Pick up your current read
2. flip t a random page (if your using an ereading device then just click ahead or behind a few pages)
3. choose (2) sentances to share.
4. No spoilers!


Title - Snow Flower and the Secret Fan
Author - Lisa See
Lines
"A true lady lets no ugliness into her life" she reapeated again and again, drilling the words into me. "Only through pain will you have beauty. Only through suffering will you find peace. I wrap. I bind, but you will have the reward."

The author is talking about footbinding in this part. The book is full of ancient chinese culture. It is interesting learning the ways of old, however badly women were treated and how painful a life they had.


2 Comments:

  1. Lisa said...
    I read this book a couple of years ago and I absolutely loved it. I didn't realize I loved it until a while after I read it. It's just one of those books that stick with you.
    Tasha said...
    Nice teaser. Thanks for sharing. Mine's here

Post a Comment



UA-55586018-1