Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Cadet of Tildor
Author - Alex Lidell
Pages - 400
Genre - Fantasy
Release Date - Jan. 10 2013

Description from Goodreads 

Tamora Pierce meets George R. R. Martin in this smart, political, medieval fantasy-thriller.

There is a new king on the throne of Tildor. Currents of political unrest sweep the country as two warring crime families seek power, angling to exploit the young Crown's inexperience. At the Academy of Tildor, the training ground for elite soldiers, Cadet Renee de Winter struggles to keep up with her male peers. But when her mentor, a notorious commander recalled from active duty to teach at the Academy, is kidnapped to fight in illegal gladiator games, Renee and her best friend Alec find themselves thrust into a world rife with crime, sorting through a maze of political intrigue, and struggling to resolve what they want, what is legal, and what is right

11 Comments:

  1. Maji Bookshelf said...
    hmm interesting, but i dont think this is my cup of tea! Hope you read it and enjoy it too! btw, new follower :D
    - Our WoW
    brandileigh2003 said...
    I've heard a lot about this one.
    Hope you get to read it soon! Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog
    Reader Unfolded said...
    I can't wait to read this either! Here's my WOW.
    Seirra Poirier said...
    This book looks really interesting, definitely something I'd read - & so my TBR pile grows :)

    My WoW!!
    Book Sake said...
    I can't wait to read this one, it sounds so freaking good!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake
    Sarah@Catching Books said...
    I haven't heard of this book but it sounds interesting!!

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my blog!!
    Alise said...
    "Tamora Pierce meets George R. R. Martin in this smart, political, medieval fantasy-thriller." Sounds very interesting! Those are big shoes to fill, sounds like an awesome book! Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Megan said...
    This sounds very different from what I've been reading lately and I am digging the description! Thanks for the book recommend and thanks so much for stopping by my WOW!

    Happy reading!
    Micheline said...
    This looks AMAZING! Definitely waiting on this one too, though I haven't featured it yet...

    Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my WoW earlier!! Sorry it took meso long to get back :)

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows
    Maria Behar said...
    Hi, LunaMoth!!

    Thanks loads for commenting on my WOW!! And I LOVE yours!!! The fantasy genre is one of my faves, and this particular book sounds like an exciting addition to the genre!! So I'm adding it to my TBR pile, for sure! Thanks for featuring this book!! : )
    Precious said...
    Hello LunaMoth! :) Thank you for dropping by! :) I'm not familiar with this but oh. I like the blurb a lot! I'm a sucker for medieval fantasy. :D

Post a Comment



UA-55586018-1