Saturday, October 6, 2012

Review - Blood Cross

Blood Cross
Author - Faith Hunter
Series - Jane Yellowrock #2
Pages - 321





Description from Goodreads

The vampire council has hired skinwalker Jane Yellowrock to hunt and kill one of their own who has broken sacred ancient rules — but Jane quickly realizes that in a community that is thousands of years old, loyalties run deep...

With the help of her witch best friend and local vigilantes, Jane finds herself caught between bitter rivalries — and closer than ever to the secret origin of the entire vampire race. But in a city of old grudges and dark magic, Jane will have to fight to protect both sides, even if no one will protect her


For some reason I thought I had read the first book in this series (Skinwalker) but I had not, I will not read it however since the author does give enough back details to figure out what happened and not be lost.

 Blood Cross was an okay book, it wasn’t spectacular but it wasn’t horrible either, definatly less action than I like though. Jane Yellowrock is a skinwalker, she can shift into animals at will (painful as it is) but she really likes her mountain lion form the most. Beast, her inner big cat can talk to her and when she shifts she takes over as alpha, I liked Beast and I liked that she talked in short, clipped sentances it really felt cat-like, a big hunter dosnt need to waste time on words. Jane also hunts vampires, rogue young ones to be exact but she isn’t above killing the adult one or two if they get in her way or try to kill her, which happens from time to time.

 Jane is a good character, strong and independent but knows when she needs help. The other characters are good as well, I am really interested in Angelina and her powers, also im interested in Rick and how their relationship will develop, him being human and not knowing what Jane is. I will read the next book in the series and I hope it is better, it just seemed like I drudged through this one, without really letting it sink in and stick with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



UA-55586018-1