Saturday, September 22, 2012

Legend of Witchrot Road
Author - E.J Stevens
Genre - Y/A Paranormal
Pages - 180



Description from Goodreads

 Surviving agitated ghosts, irritated witches, angry werewolves, and the horrors of high school has never been so hard.

 The night of Samhain may be behind them, but Yuki and her friends have only begun to face the challenges of their paranormal gifts. Tensions are rising--in the pack, at school, and within their tightly knit group of friends.

 The tragic death of Wakefield High student Dylan Jacobs has emotions boiling over. The J-Team, Yuki's arch nemesis, have turned the entire football team against her. They claim that Yuki is a witch and blame her for the death of their fellow teammate. Will Yuki be able to solve the mystery of Dylan's death, and the legend of Witchtrot Road, before tempers flare and things turn violent?


Yuki and the gang are back! Cal, Emma, Simon and Yuki are now looking into the death of Dylan, a kid from Yukis school who died on the legendary Witch Rot road. Why is it so important? Because, the J-team (a duo of jocks) has convinced the football team that Yuki is the one who killed Dylan! She must clear her name right? Of course.

What started out really great quickly turned into teen angst tedium. Action? Not so much, mostly the third book in this enthralling series is about relationships and a really messed up mob mentality. We are introduced to a new member of the wolf pack but hes a spoiled brat and I really do not care for him. Most of the questions (okay all) that I had from the last book were not answered like: Whats up with Emma? I really want to know! There was just not enough information or suspence this time around.

 Another thing? I am rather tired of hearing how hot and perfect Cal is, we get it, Yuki you are totally smitten with your amazing werewolf soul mate.. but we do not need to hear about it every chapter. While I feel this book was a pretty bad letdown, I still want to read the next book, I am dying to find out what is going on between Emma and Simon, and to see if Yuki returns the amulet to the Salem witches.

3 Comments:

  1. Stormi said...
    I read the first book but never got farther than that in the series..I am bad with series..lol.
    LunaMoth said...
    Yah, for some reason sometimes the ones after the first book just dont live up to it. Thats what happened here =(
    Maria Behar said...
    Hi, LunaMoth!

    Thank you so much for commenting on my giveaway post. I only wish you'd enter the giveaway, because I'd love it if you won!!

    Anyway, I really appreciate the congrats, as well as the compliments about my blog!!

    You know, I should really visit yours more often, since I LOVE both your design and content!!

    And now, I'd also like to say that I really enjoyed reading your review of this book! It's too bad it wasn't that interesting, but I'd still like to know more about this series, which I've never heard of before (until now, that is!). So thanks for the great review!! : )

Post a Comment



UA-55586018-1