Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

By a Thread 
Author - Jennifer Estep
Series - Elemental Assassins #6
Pages - 384
Release Date - February 28th 2012


Goodreads Description: 


When killing people is your job, there’s no such thing as a vacation. 

Then again, how often does an assassin live long enough to enjoy her retirement? In this line of work, you either get lucky or you get dead. And since I destroyed my nemesis Mab Monroe a few weeks ago, all of Ashland’s lowlifes are gunning to make a name for themselves by taking out the lethal Spider—me, Gin Blanco. So I’m leaving behind my beloved barbecue joint and heading south with my baby sister, Bria, to cool my heels in a swanky beach town. Call it a weekend of fun in the sun. 

But when a powerful vampire with deadly elemental magic threatens an old friend of Bria’s, it looks like I’ll have to dig my silverstone knives out of my suitcase after all. Complicating matters further is the reappearance of Detective Donovan Caine, my old lover. But Donovan is the least of my problems. Because this time, the danger is hot on my trail, and not even my elemental Ice and Stone magic may be enough to save me from getting buried in the sand—permanently





For some reason I am always behind on this (also sorry for the wonky colors, my laptop and brain are not working with me today!) I know I don't always read YA, and I know I don't keep up with the newest books coming out, so the WoWs I do are my personal books that I am waiting on.. or.. was that the whole point of this? hahaha.

3 Comments:

  1. Stepping Out of the Page said...
    Ooh, this sounds pretty interesting! I'll be putting this one on my to-read for sure!

    Stephanie
    - Please visit my latest post & if you haven’t already, enter my International Giveaway!
    Maria Behar said...
    Hey, LunaMoth!

    I haven't been to your darkly beautiful blog in a while...really oughta visit more often, since I LOVE your blog!

    Anyway...this novel does look like a great action-packed adventure! And the female protagonist is certaiinly no silly 'damsel in distress'! Can't stand those!

    GREAT pick! Thanks for sharing! nd thanks for commenting on my WOW today!! : )
    Laura BurgandyIce said...
    I love the premise!!! How exciting! I think I have a thing for assassins, for some reason. And danger. Thx for stopping by my Wow!! I'm a new follower - love your colors!!

Post a Comment



UA-55586018-1