Friday, February 5, 2010

Title - The Dead Girls' Dance
Author - Rachel Caine
Pages - 256
Genre - Young Adult
Description
Claire has her share of challenges. Like being a genius in a school that favors beauty over brains; homicidal girls in her dorm, and finding out that her college town is overrun with the living dead. On the up side, she has a new boyfriend with a vampire-hunting dad. But when a local fraternity throws the Dead Girls' Dance, hell is really going to break loose.
Thoughts
Phew! After the MAJOR cliff-hanger of the first book (Glass Houses) I was very eager to start this book. It starts off right where the first left off. I won't give anything away but Dead Girls Dance delivers in a big way. The charactors are getting more developed, the romance is getting a bit more rounded and steamier (but still not over-the-top) and the action is still thrilling! Claire just cant catch a break! The only thing I had a problem  with was that Caine mentioned Eves brother and while he was in the book for a little bit, he kind of got shrugged off the map by the end, nothing was mentioned of him after a certain point.
I will warn you now, like with the first and if your sensative, you will want tissues! As with the first, I was crying by the end of it. Dead Girls Dance leaves off on another good cliff-hanger that wants you reading more, and oh yes, i will read the next one!

3 Comments:

  1. Mg (LWS) said...
    I'm going to warn you there are more cliff hangers to come with this awesome series!
    Ky said...
    Are these a decent read? I mean enough so that I could buy them and want to re-read them? I'm so afraid of vampire related books anymore that I'm afraid I'm missing out on actual decent books.
    LunaMoth said...
    i really enjoy them and i would re-read them =) it isnt a human falls in love with the vampire cliche which is a super plus for me. its sweet and actiony and it is very good.

Post a Comment



UA-55586018-1