Tuesday, October 1, 2013



Turn- Offs you encounter while reading.



Love Triangles! Really I can not stand them, choose one guy and stop being so selfish. Unless of course all three agree to the triangle like in the Otherworld series by Yasmine Galenorn. However, this rarely happens.




 Love at first sight. I understand it CAN happen but it is so rare in the real world that in book world you just kind of go "ugh" at it.



Goth Bashing. Yes I am a goth and yes I do get annoyed at the stereotypical assumptions that we are bad, we do drugs, smell, steal, etc..etc.. Not all of us are delinquents and not all of us wear the black makeup (okay i wear the clothes..) or dye our hair. I think the only one I have seen in books that does not match these descriptions is Eve from Morganville Vampires.. 



Unnecessarily long books. Now do not get me wrong, I love my epic fantasies but sometimes there are just pages and pages of descriptions or whole scenes that just do not do anything for the book and thus do not need to be there! 




My BIGGEST - Puppy pain. I absolutely hate it when a dog dies in a book or gets hurt. I have actually stopped reading a book because of this (the dog died.. or rather was torn apart) and I cried. Why the violence against dogs? Why not cats (sorry cat people) It just makes me so incredibly sad and I have to hug my dog afterwards.


Okay those are my top annoyances and turn-offs to books. what are yours?

2 Comments:

  1. Ciska said...
    Owww a puppy, I must admit that little fluffy face makes me fall in love at first sight ;)

    Great list! a lot of points I have seen earlier today. Hope authors will take time to read the lists too
    BookCupid said...
    Unnecessary long books! Completely agree. It takes me a long time to read those...what a drag. Thanks for stopping by my TTT :)

Post a Comment



UA-55586018-1