Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Review - Wings

Title - Wings
Author - Aprilynne Pike
Genre - YA/Fantasy
Pages - 384
Format Read - Ebook

Description (from goodreads)
Laurel was mesmerized, staring at the pale things with wide eyes. They were terrifyingly beautiful—too beautiful for words. Laurel turned to the mirror again, her eyes on the hovering petals that floated beside her head. They looked almost like wings. In this extraordinary tale of magic and intrigue, romance and danger, everything you thought you knew about faeries will be changed forever.

Thoughts
I finally got around to reading this book!

Wings starts off a tad slow and really only picks up about halfway through when Laurel finds out she is a faerie. The story and plot are not anything really new but the diffrent take on faeries, how they are plants, is definatly diffrent and interesting. Pikes writing is fluid and keeps you interested, there is only one swear word in this book and no sexual content so people of all ages can enjoy this clean read.

Right from the beggining I liked Laurel, she was smart, kind and level headed. Wierd eating aside (and thats not her fault) she is someone whom you can identify with and whom youd want as your friend. Rarely I like both male love interests but this time I totally cant decide between David or Tamani! David is your average human boy, handsome yes but not snarky about it. He was the first person to talk to Laurel in her new school and I thought that was very sweet. Tamani is exotic and also loyal to Lauren, he does not like David that much but he does not get into 'boy fights' with him, as most jelous guys do so that earned Tamani points with me.

There is quite a bit of romance and action in Wings and of course, magic. There is also some heartwrenching moments and some good life lessons if  you take the time to think about it. I hope that I can read the second book Spells soon, I can't wait to see what happens to Lauren, David and Tamani!

1 Comment:

  1. Unknown said...
    I have this book on myself. I really would like to get to it sometime.

    Great review.

    I'm launching a new challenge for 2011 that you might be interested in. Morbid Romantica Challenge 2011 can be done in YA, adult, and mixed. I hope you find it worthy :)

    Mad Scientist
    http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

Post a Comment



UA-55586018-1