Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday


Top 10 unique character names in books

1. Zhukora - I fell in love with this name from the moment I heard it. It is the perfect bad guy name. I even have taken it for my MMO name. 

2. EBN-Reyoz-X - or EBN for short. It is so scifi!

3. Ten Ox - Old chinese names can be fun at times but some are just odd. Who wants to be called Ten Ox? I guess Oxen are strong so it could be a male pride thing. 

4. Drizzt Do'Urden - I pronounced his name wrong for years. It is actually pronounced Drisst (like Mist) One of my favorite characters ever. 

5. Menolly - It is just an awesome name and I would name a pet after her. 

6. Magiere - It sounds so ... noble and royal. 

7. Sirantha - Another scifi name, where the authors come up with these I do not know but I love them. 

8. Snow Flower - I adore names like this, intimate objects can make the best names. It is so pretty.

9. Aliizsa - I always find epic fantasy novels to have the best unique names.

10. Breunor Battlehammer - Dwarfs. 'nuff said.

5 Comments:

  1. Liesel K. Hill said...
    Great names! I don't know many of them, but I agree that epic fantasy tends to have the most unique names! :D Thanks for visiting my post! Happy Tuesday!
    Debbie's World of Books said...
    Wow, I don't think I recognize a single name but they certainly are unusual. lol. Thanks for stopping by.
    Ciska said...
    Great list, that are some very interesting names indeed!
    Lisa said...
    I do love Snow Flower. Just saying it brings to mind a gorgeous picture.
    Shooting Stars Mag said...
    I don't think I know any of these. You really picked some unique names!!

Post a Comment



UA-55586018-1